Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving on a rifter!
So that time has come :'( and it's with a heavy heart I write this. Many of the people I flew with most often have moved on to pastures new, however for those who do know me below are extracts from an evemail I've sent to BC.

I don't know what it is but I love the idea of OUCH and indeed find myself extremely comfortable in it. Unfortunately there is always a "but" and this one comes in the form of a request from some RL colleagues of mine that are setting up a Corp of their own in gallente space.

They've asked if I can join them. It was kind of inevitable but I always just discounted it as a "nope im definitely OUCH for life" however the previous week i've been able for the first time in a long time to make lots of money for myself and the idea of buying nice ships with money that doesn't come from plex is a damn tasty one.

I suppose what it comes down to is where my objectives lie.

Do I think i've conquered nullsec?

Nope, but I never aimed to.

Do I think i've been given the knowledge and the necessary push to test my knowledge in low/null sec?

Hell yes, exactly what I joined OUCH for. When I see an orange system I no longer ask my autopilot to go around it, I fire up dotlan check out the stats, see whats glowing on the evemap, grab scouts and fly through in relative safety knowing that I am not instantly going to go KABOOM when I jump through a gate.

Personally I think that I have achieved what I set out to achieve in OUCH over the 11 months I've been here. That is why I am deciding to join my friends corp and leave the nest. However what I would like to do is still be a firm friend and supporter of OUCH.

I'm not sure how it works but I don't want to lose contact with OUCH/AWA in general and would appreciate friendly/blues status with you guys, I'd love to have the option of coming out on some roams and courses in the future and would absolutely love to keep in contact via the chat channels/forum (if im still allowed access?).

I plan on moving a JC to berta as soon as I am free to move without risking death from the WT's and will be definitely around your area for some good old fashioned PVP naughtiness. Especially with my current training pattern of a series of 4 day trains to get into: strategic cruisers, logistics, recons, heavy assault ships, heavy interdictors, etc... really looking forward to being able to 1. afford these new shiny ships without buying plex (the biggest persuader in this decision, no point hiding that) and 2. using them in co-operation with you guys.

Remember: Fly safe, Fight Well and Die Hard!
M3ta7

o7
Metal, don't forget,

1) you can always use your main as a money maker and

2)  start a M3ta7h3ad 2 Rifter pilot to play with the OUCHies. 

You can have your cake and eat it too.
Fly Safe or Fly Dangerous, Just Don't Fly Stupid.
Eve Killboard - East US TZ
In the business of maintaining the high cost of implants since 2009.
I'll be sorry to see you go, but having you lose the corp's Freighter will always be one of my fond memories.

*grin*

You're always welcome to hang around in our public channel/s as other departees do, but we won't be making you or your new corp blue. As Bren said, you can have an alt in OUCH that can still participate.

All the best with your adventures!
Founder and once-CEO of OUCH and AWA
Timezone: Australia, +10 Eve time
Sad felt so bad about that.

Will hang around in public channels. Was hoping to come play with you guys on weekends in my shiny ships but can understand the lack of blues (wouldn't dream of asking for the corp, I speak for myself and myself only).

Hopefully I can still participate in your fun and games without being blown out of the sky by your graduates.

Will consider an alt but I don't want to resub my second account right now, nor detract from training my main so may be a while before that happens but I'll be sure to keep in contact.

Have fun!

Campo
Campo
EU TZ (EVE)
The clock is ticking.
(11-26-2010, 12:18 AM)M3ta7h3ad link Wrote:Hopefully I can still participate in your fun and games without being blown out of the sky by your graduates.

Just tell us when you're coming so we can put up a welcoming-camp tell people not to shoot you.
EU TZ

"I hope you all enjoy your worms"  -CCP Rise
(11-26-2010, 03:05 PM)Miss Teri link Wrote:Just tell us when you're coming so we can put up a welcoming-camp tell people not to shoot you.
Ah, MT, you're such a pushover. Wink
Fly Safe or Fly Dangerous, Just Don't Fly Stupid.
Eve Killboard - East US TZ
In the business of maintaining the high cost of implants since 2009.
Although I only know you for a short time you quickly earned my respect. It will be a pity to see such a good asset leave Ouch, Fly safe and call for help sould you ever nead it , Kind regards Your wing man Charlie :'(