Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something new.
I joined Blue Republic on Saturday to try something else in EVE and it looks like I'll be staying there for a little bit.

I have really enjoyed my time in OUCH but as a new player I want to train my skills quickly and spending less time in a jump clone helps that. Given that I am still in my cannon fodder phase of development and the amount of quality of the gangs currently roaming curse I have opted for somewhere to PVP in a more controlled environment for a while where I can worry less about being pod killed.

Thanks especially to CampoV for a series of excellent training classes last month and to Miss Teri, HoboHansi and Arnedicaprio for encouraging many expeditions to 0.0 and being cool people to fly with. I think OUCH has come in for some slightly harsh and unwarranted criticism recently as the information available both on the forum and from members online is vast. I certainly felt comfortable with 0.0 very quickly and this is because of excellent guides written by Black Claw and other pilots.

I do hope to return to 0.0 soon (high-sec PVP just isn't as exciting) and I still have a jump clone in Sendaya so I may see you around again soon   Tongue
Herr Satz - you made and excellent choice with Blue. If you had joined Red I would have gone back to Blue and hunted you. Do us a favor - report back some time on your experience. You'll get a ton of fights - and also a good place to cut your teeth on FCing.

Hope to fly with you again - and have fun!

Campo
Campo
EU TZ (EVE)
The clock is ticking.
I'm glad I didn't join red as they have a thing about upshipping and blobbing. Having said that they are getting beat in the fleet encounters (although they have some excellent 1v1 pilots) at the moment so their probably just getting desperate. Flying into an opposing fleet with an FC calling targets is new to me but its good fun even if we are only in frigs and cruisers (and the occassional Red Vagabond...).
Hey Herr

I too enjoyed my time in Blue (though i think the blobbing and overshipping critisisme is issued by both sides Wink ). Its a great way to learn how to fight in groups, under an fc etc. Hope you have a blast!
Ship: 20 million...Fit: 10 million..Cries in local after the falcon de-cloaked.....Priceless

[Image: signature.png]

Holland,Europe EVE+2
Not to high-jack the thread, but what is 'blobbing and overshipping'?

Anyway: have fun with the blues Herr Satz!
Hey Smoole...blobbing is a term used for overpowering your enemy by sheer numbers/force.
..usually with a bait. So they send in something you might be able to kill, only to have great numbers waiting in a near sytem ready to jump in and kill you.

Overshipping: RvB is meant for people who want constant fights and action in a permanent wardec between red and blue.
To ensure fights are skillbased (also your piloting skills) its sort of an unwritten rule both sides should be about equal or have an equal oppurtunity. So FC's there will often communicate.

When in RvB let's say three guys in rifters from one side chase a guy in a crow, he goes and comes back with his mate in two battlecruisers, then that's clearly overshipping. Obviously the rifter guys dont want to attack that so it's against the spirit of RvB. However...in RvB acquisations of overshipping are always done by both parties as well..
Ship: 20 million...Fit: 10 million..Cries in local after the falcon de-cloaked.....Priceless

[Image: signature.png]

Holland,Europe EVE+2
Overshipping: bringing a gun to a knife fight.

Blobbing: bringing a ton of guns to a knife fight. Actually, just means a larger group attacking a smaller and the smaller group likes whine.
Campo
EU TZ (EVE)
The clock is ticking.