Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art of War Alliance Blog
I'd like several of the things you mention as possibilities. The living in Curse bit is of particular interest to me. I know almost nothing about what it is like living in null space. Do you set up manufacturing out there? Haul out what you need? Both? I'm a noob though, so maybe that kinda stuff would only appeal to other noobs.

Then again, I think EVE really needs to get better at attracting new players. CCP has worked on the tutorials, but they have much more to do in my opinion. With all the talk about how old "themepark" MMOs are getting, I can't help but wonder if EVE's nearly incomprehensible and harsh early game is scaring people away from even considering it as they look for a more sandbox style game.

It is hard to shift from a point of view where you are mostly safe to one where you are mostly unsafe. I mean unsafe in multiple ways here. Not only the getting blown up bit, but there are so many things you can do to hurt yourself early on, like spending all your remaps before you have a skill plan, or trying to fly a cruiser after a week's playing. Most other games are very forgiving with their systems. I'm not saying EVE should become more forgiving, but I think it would be nice if it was more clear in-game what these sorts of things mean, without having to dig all over the internet to find answers.

Want to fly that cruiser? Here is a suggested skill path to get you there. Why should you do this? Because of X, Y and Z, which Aura will now helpfully highlight for you.

Also, is there a good reason I have to mash scan constantly to keep d-scanning? We have AI smart enough to do all that Aura can, but nothing that can be programmed to mash a button every second? Smile

Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. Sorry.
USA Player, EVE-5

Messages In This Thread
Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-12-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: Art of War - by Bren Genzan - 10-15-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-21-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Samantha Cuovani - 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Jak Reacher - 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Escos - 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Escos - 10-23-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 02-01-2013, 03:07 AM