Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art of War Alliance Blog

Art of War Alliance Blog

Bren Genzan Wrote:Break-Break.

This blog has sat idle for a long time, almost since Black Claw started it. About a year ago, even before he retired from Eve, BC asked me if I wanted to take it over, put some of my Life on the Bubble posts here. I was very reluctant to do so.

First, while I love to write, I don’t want it to be a job. I feel that if you’re going to have a blog, you have to have content. I took a page from my friend, blogger and OUCH Fleet Commander, Zurakaru Ze, and figured out I’d rather play Eve than write about it. Blogging takes a lot of time and I have a lot of time invested in playing Eve and running the Open University of Celestial Hardship [OUCH].

Second, I kind of feel that my view of Eve is kind of narrow. I’m a former SOV alliance pilot, but my first alliance, Imperial Legion, was barely getting it’s feet wet in SOV when I left them. I came to OUCH and started working my way into small gang PvP, and over the past 2 years I’ve come to feel that the Eve I play is very niche. I’m definitely not mainstream.

I’m left with a lot of questions and few answers: Can I write something that people will actually like reading? Can I create content that people will come back for? Will I just be like a hundred other bloggers talking about the same felgercarb that everyone seems to write about.

But it all comes down to this: For OUCH to be truly successful, to meet a goal of being the premier Null Sec Survival and PvP Training corp that Black Claw envisioned, people outside of our corner of Curse need to know that we’re here, teaching new players and veteran care bears that null sec doesn’t have to be scary.

See you on the bubble.

Bren Genzan

So what do you think? And what do you think the content, the format should be? I just don't want to parallel my "Life on the Bubble" stuff. What I think I should talk about is OUCH obviously, small gang PvP, the New Player Experience and maybe spotlight what it's like to live in Curse.
Fly Safe or Fly Dangerous, Just Don't Fly Stupid.
Eve Killboard - East US TZ
In the business of maintaining the high cost of implants since 2009.

Messages In This Thread
Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-12-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: Art of War - by Bren Genzan - 10-15-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-21-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Jak Reacher - 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Escos - 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Escos - 10-23-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Art of War Alliance Blog - by Bren Genzan - 02-01-2013, 03:07 AM